Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Playgroup


Tonight I had a really nice night out with my good friend, Kristin. We did dinner and a movie and got lots of good conversation in. It was just what I needed. :)

I met Kristin on a day that I was having a hard time as a new mom. Sam was 3 months old and I was a new stay at home mom. I felt isolated, not knowing any other moms to hang out with. I decided that I needed to meet other moms. I knew of a few that lived very close to me, because Id seen them outside with their babies so I decided to go meet one of them. I knocked on 2 doors and no one answered. The 3rd door was Kristin's. She was home and invited me in. I desperately introduced myself and told her that I lived around the corner and was looking for someone to hang out with that also didnt work. She had Tori, who was just 2 weeks younger than Sam. Tori was napping, so we exchanged numbers.

Soon we got together and started hanging out, going on walks and having short playdates for the jrs. She knew a couple of the gals in the neighborhood and so did I, so we made some calls and got a small group together one day at DeeDee's house. We were all new moms that had babies close in age. We started meeting weekly and that was almost 3 yrs ago when our playgroup started. All of our kids became friends and so did all of us moms. In that short amount of time, we have mourned the loss of 2 babies, Nicholas Cerasoli and Ty Stoddard. And we have all been pregnant and had our second children together. We have become great friends and we get together as often as we can, for play dates and girls nights out. We have also all moved out of that original neighborhood but still live close by.

I guess I just feel really lucky to have this great group of girlfriends. I think they are all really great moms. My kids have a bunch of great little friends. We dont get to meet as regularly as we used to since all of our schedules are pretty busy now. But we have great fun when we can. Earlier this month, we had a girls all nighter at the hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale.

This post is for all of my good friends. Thanks for being there!
And just so I never forget all the names cause the list is still growing:
Kristin, Tori and Kacy
Lindsay, Sawyer and Walker
Elisabeth, Andrew and Matthew
DeeDee, Quade and Sofia
Michele, Addison and a boy on the way
Michelle, Madelynn and Karly
Carolyn, Carter and Berkely

2 comments:

Audrey said...

You are so lucky to have so many great friends! I didn't realize that you had started that group. You made me realize that my girlz and I haven't done an girlz weekend in a long time. Have to do something about that! Love ya.

Carl Cunningham said...

Awesome use of different photo genre in this posting. The two photos go together like Mormons and Sex And The City.