Sunday, October 12, 2008

a reunion with old friends



This weekend I got to hang out with some old friends that I havent seen in years. Beth flew in from MN and Annie drove in from L.A. My mom had my boys for the whole weekend and I got to entertain my friends here at my house. It was so fun. We lazed around, ate out for every meal and just talked till we were blue in the face. We went to bed way too late and got to sleep in. It was wonderful. I havent had a girlie bonding weekend like that in a long time.

Beth and Annie are 2 of my friends from Kansas City. We all went to Dominion Christian School together when I was there for my senior year of highschool. We recently got back in touch on facebook. It had been 7 years since Id seen Beth and 13 years since Id seen Annie. We picked up right where we left off. We got out pics and yearbooks and laughed at them and talked about our memories. We all had different memories, so it was fun to catch up. I do believe we caught up on 13 years in only 3 days.


Friday night, Beth and I ate at Grand Lux Cafe, then Annie rolled into town right as we finished up. We all headed to Kazmires wine bar and met Annie's husband and his friends for some vino. We didnt stay too long, then came back home and talked into the early morning. Saturday we had breakfast at Maria Maria Cantina. I had Juevos Rancheros for the first time and it was the best breakfast ever. We shopped then went back home and lounged around the house for the rest of the day. We went to AZ88 for dinner and had a blast there. Then we came back home for more talking...till 2am! I cant remember the last time I stayed up talking until 2am. Years!!


Today we went to Crackers for Breakfast and Carl tagged along. Afterwards, we picked up S and C at my mom's and my friends got to spend the day with my family. We hung out in the backyard and watched S and C play on the swing set. They showed off for us all afternoon and kept us entertained. The weather was perfect.


What a perfect weekend. Im sad to see my friends leave. Im excited to rekindle such old friendships and I look forward to more visits someday. This weekend has been so uplifting and it was just what I needed. :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ok, well now I want to have a weekend like that with you and Huta and MarĂ­a when I come home. We´ll get pedicures, go out and do whatever we want. We´ll get drunk and make Carl and Luis pick us up at the bar and drive us home.